Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

HURRICANE and HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!

Hurricane season always brings and leery feeling since Katrina. We have several family members and friends come on up to get out of harms way. I must say, I myself thought this storm was going to be WORSE than Katrina. I just don't believe those levee's are ready yet, but as you know, most of the damage was down power lines and trees. I'm thankful that it was not worse! We enjoyed the company of our relatives and friends. We don't get to see them much, and I hate it was during these circumstances, but it was good times! Saturday night we all headed out to the local Logans steak house to hang out and get some grub for my nephews 18th birthday. I just can NOT believe these "kids" are grown now. It just doesn't seem right. Here is Gavin! The birthday boy, well MAN should I say! ( sorry for the blurriness)
And here is his lovely momma holding my sweet baby. Lori is Timmy's sister. We don't say half around here simply because I don't think there is any such thing. They have the same mom but different dads just to clarify. Love you Lori!

Someone actually got the camera and took a picture of all of us. That rarely happens! Ethan is such a lil goober. I think that may be a peanut in his mouth! He goes to town on those things!


And here is the rest of the clan. I believe we had around 20 people that night. Our service was not the best. We were there from 6-9 pm.....TOO long for me, but Pastor has been speaking on grace, and so I tried to give a little.


This is my sister-in-law Sheila ( Timmy's twin brother's wife) and nephew Jackson. This kid is a HOOT! You never know what he is going to say or do! Ask him for special "shuggies" the next time you see him! ;)

CHEEESE!!!!!!

This is my nephew Scott and his really sweet girlfriend. I'm so sorry Terisa, I can't remember her name, but isn't she a cutie!!


This is another nephew we really don't get to see but maybe once a year. Erin is Timmy's brother's son. Bobby ( Erin's dad) passed away about 6 years ago I believe. It was so tragic and unexpected. My heart just breaks for him and his sister. They have been through so much and sometimes I just feel helpless for them.


This is Amanda, Erin's sister and my two ya-whoo's. My girls are something else. I feel so old! Madi will be 13 in May and Tiffany will be 11 in November. JUST amazes me!


I pray all of you that are traveling back today, travel safely. We love you and hope to see you soon. Hopefully not under the same circumstances. We'll have to keep ours eyes out for Ike!

1 comment:

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It looks like y'all made the best of a bad situation. I love the picture of the four of you!