Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Flag football practice

Ethan started flag football last week. I must say, his daddy was more excited about this than I was. He played soccer last year for the 1st time and he was rather good at it. I was perfectly content letting him play that again this fall, but dad so no, "He's playing football!" So here we are at our 1st pratice. I really like his coach, he is silly with the boys and gets them all pumped up!
Miss Chloe Grace had to put her two cents in and was cheering brother on from the side lines. Can't you just hear her sayin, "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ethan GOOOOOOOOO!"
DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE........... READY SET, and waiting for GO!

When I arrived at the field, dad was already there with him. I was a ways off from Ethan, but my eye was drawn to his mouth. I was like "what in the world is on his mouth!?" Timmy had to explain that was his mouth piece. OH?! Forgot they needed one of those. I mean DUH! I know, I'm such a Dori! Just keep on swimming!

This last picture does no justice to his little fast moving feet. Timmy was so excited after talking with his coach about his preformance for the day. Now, let me just say this, I like football and all, even though I have NO clue of plays, flags, or any of that other stuff, so Timmy had to make it A.B.C for me to understand. He advised me that Ethan was really fast when running and was playing the position of Reggie Bush! Isn't that a running back? Maybe? I don't know. Help me out here someone! This is going to be an interesting season to say the least. Maybe I will learn a few things so I won't feel like a complete idiot in the stands while I'm yelling "RUNNN ETHAN RUNNNNNNNNNN!!! ....and maybe just maybe, Ethan will be proud of me some day!

2 comments:

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

Flag football is fun! I did not like it when Michael played tackle, though. I know it's good for them, but he sprained his wrist. After a Saturday in the ER, I was done!

Anonymous said...

Girl! That Ethan is a mess. He looks like he's having a blast. Too funny about Chloe 'cheering'.