Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Whole30/Day 2

Wahoo! Day 1 done, onto day 2!

Day 2 was not bad at all! I was surprisingly full from all the meals I ate. The one thing I didn't mention yesterday was how HARD it is to find organic foods in this town. The fresh veggie items that I did find were pretty piddly looking and was also SUPER expensive. One organic lemon was $1.98. Yikes!! We unfortunately don't have any organic groceries where I live such as Whole Foods or Trader Joe's so its makes it so difficult finding foods that are approved. I hope to find more foods for variety or I don't think this is going to end too well for me. I also questioned some of the "approved" foods like organic tomatoes in a can. Every can that I picked up had sugar in it. Does this mean because it has sugar it's not on the approved list or is it considered "no added sugar" and is approved? If anyone has the answer to this I would appreciate it! I had the same issue with Almond Butter. I didn't buy it because it also had sugar in it. 

So what did day 2 look like? Here is what I ate:
Breakfast: Larabar and two boiled eggs
Lunch: Tuna,pickles & hot sauce wrapped in bibb lettuce along with a green apple.
Snack: Handful of walnuts 
Dinner: Squash with onions cooked in olive oil 
Spinach, onions and artichoke hearts with olives to top
Pan seared chicken tenders seared in olive oil seasoned with Greek seasoning, garlic powder, S&P. 

I need to add that I'm drinking a good bit of water. I've been getting down almost 8 glasses a day so I'm pretty happy with that. I will say the only "issue" I'm having is a headache every day but I think that's because I haven't had coffee or tea :(  

If you have any suggestions or tips please let me know! 

-Amy

No comments: